Tenughat Mahavidyalaya

History of The College

History of The College

Tenughat Mahavidyalaya Tenughat is a single Co-educational Degree College of Gomia Constituency (Bokaro) The Mahavidyalaya is situated by the side of Sub-Division Head Quarter Bermo at Tenughat one side and the other side it is situated by the side of ‘Tenughat DAM’ which is the biggest earthen Dam of Asia. Scene and scenario depicts the heavenly beauty environment and atmosphere. To be more specific the area is a tribal area where SC, ST and Other weaker sections reside. For their bright future an educational institution on was required to be established and in order to give a shape to this pious design. The founders of this Institution were led to establish this Mahavidyalaya as far back as in the year of 1982. In spite of many obstructions, up and downs that the founders were able to acquire a vast area of 17 acres of land by the help and fully Co-operation of ‘Bandh Pramandal Tenughat. It is a pleasure to mention here that the ‘Bandh Pramandal (State Govt. of Jharkhand) Tenughat (Bokaro) Reserved 12 acres of Land for the establishment of the college where college are situated and running. Rest 5 acres of land are registered on the name of college. There after the institution under the name and style ‘Tenughat Mahavidyalaya came in to existence. It is mandatory to mention here that in the year of 1985-86 Mahavidyalaya got temporary affiliation from ‘Ranchi University after Physical and Proper investigation. Just passing some years Mahavidyalaya got Permanent affiliation from Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag (Jharkhand) in the year of 2007-10. In the year-2013 the Mahavidyalaya has been registered under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act 1956 New Delhi. At present the Mahavidyalaya is smoothly running. Under Binod Bihari Mahto Koylanchal University, Dhanbad. The main goal of this Mahavidyalaya is a result of intendment of upliftment and betterment of the population throughout this area.
Scroll to Top